Something that I am constantly trying to accomplish is getting to know myself. That may sound funny to some of you, but honestly, it really is a never-ending process. What are my instinctual thoughts and actions, and which have I acquired over time to follow etiquette or popular opinion? Sometimes I know what I gravitate towards, but other times- I surprise myself. It's kind of a fun journey.
In yet another step of my continuous journey, I wanted to compile a list of a few of my favorite things (I'm humming along with Fräulein Maria as I type this, of course.)
So here it goes!
1. Pictures- Some people don't understand, or get a smidge irritated with my incessant clicking- but I can't help it! I love capturing the fun memories I'm constantly making. My brain couldn't possible remember every detail, that's why God created the camera.
2. Purple- my favorite color. It makes me oh-so happy.
3. Road trips- the sights, the stops, the songs. Road trips are instant life-long memories. They are bound to be filled with funny stories to be told and retold for years.
(Our visit to the Mayflower during our Thanksgiving road trip to Massachusetts.)
4. Accents- of any kind. I love hearing them, I love recreating them (albeit poorly), I love endless conversations with my mother while using British accents, I love recreating the accents Shane and I heard on our pit stop to Wytheville, Virginia after Thanksgiving... I just love accents.
5. Cherry Coke and Double Stuf Oreos- My ultimate bad day pick-me-up.
6. Steel Magnolias- If you've read my blog at all, you have probably figured out what movie is at the top of my list. My colors are blush and bashful!
(I consider these sassy women my friends! You know I love you more than my luggage.)
7. Creativity- Writing, crafting, whipping something up in the kitchen, I love the freedom and fulfillment that creativity brings.
8. Love- I love seeing it, feeling it, sharing it, and being in it. I am a blessed gal to be surrounded by so much love in my life.
9. A good book- need I say more? And if I do, read this.
10. Curls- I admit, I always feel a twinge of jealousy when I see a girl walk by with a great head of voluminous, silky curls. I'm always finding fun new ways to curl my hair.... (Like this one I tried recently.)
11. Celebrity look-a-likes- Mine are Hilary Swank and Emma Stone. Who are yours?
12. Eating breakfast for dinner- Omelets. French toast. Biscuits and gravy. Bring. It. On.
13. Ann Margaret, Jackie O, and Molly Ringwald- Not sure which era I belong to exactly, but its certainly not this one!
14. Youngin's- I love being "Aunt Libby," love the softness and coo of a new little person, and baby showers are some of the best parties out there!
(Kaybree Joy. No greater "joy" than being an aunt!)
...These are a few of my favorite things.